State Pension Application
Use this service to get your State Pension online.
- The date of your most recent marriage, civil partnership or divorce.
- The date’s of any time spent living or working abroad.
- Your personal or joint bank or building society detail’s.
If you’ve received a letter about getting your State Pension, you can use the invitation code from it.
If you haven’t received an invitation letter 2 months before your State Pension age , you can still claim online.
Claim State Pension abroad
There will be no change to the rights and status of EU citizens currently living in the UK until 30 June 2021, or 31 December 2020 if the UK leaves the EU without a deal. You and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK.
You can claim State Pension abroad if you’ve paid enough UK National Insurance contributions to qualify.
Get a State Pension statement if you need to find out how much State Pension you may get.
Make a claim
You must be within 4 months of your State Pension age to claim.
To claim your pension, you can either:
- Contact the International Pension Centre
- Send the international claim form to the International Pension Centre (the address is on the form)
- If you live part of the year abroad
- You must choose which country you want your pension to be paid in. You cannot be paid in one country for part of the year and another for the rest of the year.
Bank accounts your pension can be paid into
Your State Pension can be paid into:
a bank in the country you’re living in
a bank or building society in the UK
You can use:
an account in your name
a joint account
someone else’s account – if you have their permission and keep to the terms and conditions of the account
You’ll need the international bank account number (IBAN) and bank identification code (BIC) numbers if you have an overseas account.
You’ll be paid in local currency – the amount you get may change due to exchange rates.
When you’ll get paid
You can choose to be paid every 4 or 13 weeks.
If your State Pension is under £5 per week, you’ll be paid once a year in December.